What is FIT Certification?
The FIT Certification was created to prepare future technicians for careers in the Food & Beverage Processing, Packaging and Equipment Manufacturing Industry. It’s also a way for current manufacturing workers to gain new skills and qualify for technician roles.
The FIT program has been created for students seeking careers in the Food & Beverage Processing, Packaging and the Equipment Manufacturing Industry.
Students in this program focus on:
- Freestanding and Integrated Processing Equipment
- Advanced Manufacturing in the Food and Beverage Processing Packaging Industry
Why FIT? Why Now?
The Food and Beverage Industry is changing. The technical complexity of food processing and equipment manufacturing is increasing, creating a growing need for technicians with a specific skill set. At this time, a large portion of the current workforce is nearing retirement age. The goal of the FIT Program is to create a new group of highly skilled technicians to meet the demands in today’s growing industry.
The FIT Certification is sponsored by the foundation of the Food Processing Suppliers Association (FPSA). The certification is supported and recognized across the food manufacturing, processing, and packaging industries.
What’s in It for You?
Technicians are among the best-compensated, most sought-after workers in the food processing and packaging industry.
Average salaries of trained equipment manufacturers technicians are approximately $50,000 a year and many of these positions will include travel. Salaries of technicians in plant environments, which does not typically require travel, start at a lower salary than equipment manufacturers technicians. These positions offer stability, great benefit packages and a rewarding lifelong career opportunity.
Additionally, many companies also offer:
- Salaries of experienced technicians can range from $65,000 to $85,000 with overtime benefits included.
- Comprehensive benefits, such as paid time off, medical and retirement benefits.
- A career that offers stable employment in a growing industry.
- Access to a wide range of employers, both nationally and internationally.
- Opportunities for promotions and career advancement.
- A credential recognized across the food manufacturing, processing, and packaging industries.
- Multiple career paths to work as either a service technician and a maintenance technician.
Who Should Apply for FIT Certification?
- Enjoy solving problems?
- Have mechanical interest and aptitude?
- Have electronic interest and aptitude?
- Want to learn and develop new skills?
- Possess a good attitude and teamwork skills?