The certification you need for the future you want.
Would you like a stable, good-paying job in a growing industry? Do you enjoy working on machines and equipment? The FIT program provides comprehensive training, a recognized credential, and access to a large network of employers.
Good-paying jobs don’t require a four-year degree.
The Food Industry Technician (FIT) Certification is your starting point for a rewarding lifelong career in the food processing, packaging and equipment manufacturing industry. Salaries for a Food Industry Technicians are greater than $50,000. Technicians salaries with experience can range from $65,000 to $85,000 or more with overtime benefits.
What is a Food Industry Technician?
A Food Industry Technician services and maintains the machines and equipment used in food and beverage manufacturing, processing, and packaging.
Typical responsibilities of Food Industry Technicians:
- Installing, servicing, and repairing machinery and equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Testing and troubleshooting of machinery and equipment
Why Should You Become a Food Industry Technician?
The food and beverage industry is growing and offers many opportunities for lifelong employment and career advancement. There is currently a shortage of skilled technicians, which means that for workers with the right skills and qualifications, the job prospects are excellent.
Benefits of becoming a Certified Food Industry Technician:
- A credential recognized across the food manufacturing, processing, and packaging industries
- Great wages and benefits
- Stable employment in a growing industry
- Access to a wide range of employers, both nationally and internationally
- Your name in front of hiring managers and recruiters
- Skills that are transferable to other jobs and other industries
- Opportunities for promotions and career advancement