FPSA’s Food Industry Technician program (FIT), the industry’s only technician’s certification program, dedicated to the training of individuals to fill vitally needed positions in our industry had another successful year even with the obstacles created from the pandemic. We are in our third class of students, with 100% of the graduating apprentices placed in jobs at OEMs or processing plants within our industry. The FIT program requires students to successfully complete a foundation electrical curriculum, adhere to an extensive interview process and then if accepted, proceed with FIT capstone classes that include additional electrical training, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics. Currently, our program is being held at the Lincoln Tech (our educational partner) campus in Indianapolis, Indiana, where they receive extensive classroom education and even more importantly, hands-on training on equipment. We are now looking to expand our efforts to bring even more students into our program, however to do that, we need your assistance and are asking if your company would be willing to donate equipment so that we can more thoroughly train and prepare our students for successful careers in our industry.
I am sure we all agree there is great need for skilled technicians within our industry and through equipment donations from our members, we are able to provide a hands-on training program, like no other, for the Association’s members.
We are hoping you can assist us by reviewing the below list and consider donating any of the noted excess equipment to our program. As for more details on how you can help us meet our needs and with any follow-up on technical questions, coordinating details and shipment, please reach out to:
FIT Quality Assurance Advisor
Greaney and Associates
Director of Marketing
FIT Development Program
Thank you again, and we look forward to your continued support!!
FOOD INDUSTRY TECHNICIAN TRAINING EQUIPMENT LIST
Suggested equipment “wish list” list to be included in our on-site FIT classroom/lab:
- Electromechanical clutches and brakes
- For any of the hands-on labs, having used, worn, or damaged parts labeled for their normal use/location and reason for failure
- Pumps, assorted types, also fluid transfer pumps and blending equipment
- Conveyors or conveyor simulator with PLC. Conveyor with pneumatic rejector slot
- Incline conveyor
- Sample of different materials for food processing such as stainless, food grade plastics, and conveyance belts
- Knives, blades, sharpening tools
- Desktop vacuum sealer or form fill and seal
- Packaging related equipment including horizontal flow wrapper, form fill and seal equipment, carton erector machine and/or product labeler
- Marking equipment, laser jet, ink jet, bar code printers etc.
- Sanitation equipment-Ecolab, Spartan or other